Along with this, 18 deaths were reported in India in the last 24 hours, pushing the death toll to 5,24,525.
India’s active caseload stood at 15,414 while the recovery rate was at 98.75 per cent.
With 2,167 patients being recovered in the last 24 hours, the total recoveries reached 4,26,04,881 across the country.
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Russia cancels upper age limit for military personnel
Previously, Russian citizens aged 18-40 and foreigners aged 18-30 were entitled to conclude the first contract for military service.
India also needs tighter laws on firearms: Chidambaram on Texas shooting
- “As hate speech and hate killings thrive, we must use all avenues to stop this madness from overwhelming the whole world,” Chidambaram said.
- One way is to impose severe gun controls and severely restrict who can buy or own a weapon, he said.
- In one of the worst school shootings in the US, an 18-year-old gunman in body armour massacred at least 21 people, including 19 children and two adults, inside a classroom at a Texas elementary school.
Hindustan Zinc stake sale
Vedanta creates pledge on entire stake for a term loan of Rs 8,000 crore
Domestic equity and currency markets open higher
- Sensex jumps 353.1 points to 54,102 points in early trade; Nifty climbs 104 points to 16,129.90 points
- Rupee inches 3 paise higher to 77.52 against the US dollar in early trade
Money laundering probe
ED conducts raids at seven locations in Pune and Mumbai of Maharashtra minister and Shiv Sena leader Anil Parab
Apple hikes pay budget for US workers
- Apple Inc is raising the overall compensation budget for its US employees amid broadening inflationary pressures and a push for unionization, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- The starting pay for hourly workers in the United States will rise to $22, or higher based upon the market, a 45% increase from 2018 levels.
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala | District court sends former MLA PC George to 14 days judicial custody in an alleged hate speech case
Shutdown, clashes in Srinagar over Yasin Malik’s conviction
Most parts of Srinagar city observed spontaneous strike on Wednesday and youngsters clashed with the police and paramilitary forces in Maisuma area, in protest against the conviction of the chairman of the banned separatist organisation Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front in a funding case by the National Investigation Agency court in New Delhi.
Shanghai to allow some students to resume class from June 6
Students in junior and senior year of high school in Shanghai will be allowed to resume school on campus from June 6, Yang Zhenfeng, deputy director of the Shanghai Education Commission, said on Thursday.
Boeing Starliner completes key test mission to ISS
Boeing’s Starliner capsule returned to Earth in the final step of a key uncrewed test flight to prove itself worthy of providing rides for NASA astronauts to the International Space Station.
Taliban sign deal with UAE to run Afghan airports
The Taliban have signed an agreement with the United Arab Emirates on operating airports in Afghanistan, the group’s transportation and civil aviation minister said, after months of talks with the UAE, Turkey and Qatar.
More than 200 cases of monkeypox worldwide
The number of confirmed cases of monkeypox worldwide has reached 219 outside of countries where it is endemic, according to an update released by the European Union’s disease agency.
Kia India opens bookings for electric model EV6
Automaker Kia India said it has commenced bookings for EV6, its first electric model in the country. Built on a dedicated EV platform — the electric-global modular platform (E-GMP), the EV6 marks the beginning of Kia’s EV journey in the country.
Filing says Elon Musk to borrow less in Twitter bid
Elon Musk notified US regulators that he will rely less on loans in his bid to buy Twitter, as he and partners put $33.5 billion into the deal.
Texas: Police arrests a high school student
- Police arrested a high school student after he was allegedly seen walking with a rifle to the school in Richardson, Texas: US media
- The development comes a day after an 18-year-old shooter had killed over a dozen students, and 2 adults at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas.
Pakistan on the boil as Imran Khan’s ‘march to chaos’ continues
Police in Pakistan fired tear gas and clashed with supporters of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in the wee hours of Thursday as former Prime Minister and party chief Imran Khan started reaching Islamabad to demand fresh elections.
Jammu & Kashmir encounter underway
Based on a specific input over infiltration attempt of terrorists in village Jumagund, Kupwara, an encounter is underway there. More details to follow
11 babies killed in Senegal hospital fire: Prez
11 newborn babies died in a hospital fire in the western Senegalese city of Tivaouane, the president of the country said